Thank you for your interest in joining the Doctors for Change team! The following opportunities are currently available:
Program and Website Coordinator (Full-time)
Doctors for Change (DFC) is seeking a dynamic, self-starting individual to fill the role of Program and Website Coordinator. DFC is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization made up of more than 900 health care professionals committed to improving the health of all Houstonians. A successful candidate will be a natural problem solver, self-starter, and have basic knowledge of the local health and wellness community. They will be committed to the mission of DFC and have a passion for engaging and educating community members and other stakeholders.
The Program and Website Coordinator is responsible for the development and deliver of DFC’s two websites – doctorsforchange.org- and the Guide-dfcguide.org, along with providing administrative support for the organization. This includes but is not limited to, the job duties as outlined below.
- (40%) Coordinate all website activity.
- Monitor content on both sites (DFC and the Guide) and ensure information displayed on website is accurate, current, and utilize SEO.
- Work with organization leaders to collect, organize, edit, and produce written web content.
- Responsible for the on-going audit and review of DFC’s websites – making recommendations and implementing developments to improve accessibility and navigation.
- Analyze statistics and user information to monitor website performance, including use of Google analytics, producing reports and making recommendations as applicable.
- (40%) Provide administrative support to the organization, including:
- Maintaining DFC membership database and coordinating dues for members – including processing dues and sending email reminder when memberships have expired.
- Supporting event logistics, including preparing materials for meetings and special events
- Attending monthly leadership meetings, quarterly board meetings, quarterly finance committee meetings, and special events
- Preparing marketing materials for distribution at events and online
- (15%) Help maintain and update CRM donor database, as well as provide support for software integrations with Quickbooks, Wufoo, and other web-based platforms.
- (5%) Other duties as required.
Technical Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Two years professional experience in web content management, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Google platforms, and basic web technologies (browsers, basic HTML, WordPress, Google Analytics). One year of website content management, ideally using WordPress.
- Advanced knowledge of social media; some experience with Quickbooks or similar accounting software preferred.
- Knowledge of Houston’s healthcare and philanthropy industry preferred.
Personal Qualities and Abilities
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal oversight
- Excellent time-management, organizational skills, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of individuals both within and outside the organization
- Passion for addressing public health issues preferred
Please email your resume and cover letter to Sarah Ward: [email protected]